Housing Programs

  • The Maples - Seniors age 55+ - Get Application and Instructions Here!

  • Sunset Towers - Get Application and Instructions Here!

  • East Side Acres - Get Application and Instructions Here!

  • Village View - Get Application and Instructions Here!

  • Mayflower Place - Get Application and Instructions Here!

  • Maine Centralized Section 8/HCV Waiting List

    The Housing Choice Voucher Program is funded by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and is a major rental assistance program helping low-income families, the elderly and the disabled to rent descent, safe and affordable housing in the private market.

    What you need to know when you apply; you can now apply for Section 8 online or at any one of the participating Maine Housing Authorities listed here.

    How to Apply Online; to complete the online application, please visit the website at From our website you can access the online application, update your application, check on your waiting list status and even print an application receipt. The first time you login to the Maine Centralized Waiting List you will need to register for access. To do this you must have your own email address; this email address will be your Username.

    If you can’t apply online; if you are unable to complete the application online, you can either download the application and print it or you can pick up or call for an application at one the participating Housing Authorities nearest you. Each participating Housing Authority can accept applications via mail or in person during regular business hours. The application will be reviewed to make sure all the information is filled out correctly, after you will be placed on the Waiting List.

    REMEMBER TO KEEP YOUR APPLICATION UP TO DATE; you can keep your information up to date and make sure if anything changes, phone number, address, etc. that you take the time to enter this information on your application. If you are unable to update your application online then you should request a Change Form from one of the Housing Authorities listed.

    If the Housing Authority can’t reach you by mail when your name comes up, your application will be made inactive, and you will have to apply again.